Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chapter 3: Amitié

(I know some of the title names will be inaccurate. When you notice that they are, all I can say is, blame Google Translate.)

The life of a single man in a house was, well, joyous at first. I had my freedom, but in time, I felt as though something were missing.

After I received my daily update from Renauld, I would often try to plan what else I was to do with my time.



I decided, why not have a friend come to live with me?

 Of course, my choices were few. Most of those I knew had families of their own, and I was not one to burden them. Others were nothing more than work friends.

Eventually, my choices were narrowed to but a single person.


Oh, Liam...A kind-hearted, intelligent, if not a little clumsy and strange person.

Normally, many would balk at the idea of cohabiting with such a person, but to me, he was perfect, the ideal foil.

Of course, I only wish I hadn't gone to see him at an unearthly hour, when I went to visit. He brushed it off, though, saying he did not mind in the least.

When I went to ask if he were willing to live with me, he readily agreed. It seemed as though he, too, was ready to enjoy living with another.


I am sorry to admit that I had...ulterior motives in asking him to live with me. One of the countless reasons I chose him as my housemate was to enlist his help in finding Francisca.

I did not know how useful he would be in that aspect, but I was willing to take my chances.

That is not to say I did not enjoy his company, however. Liam was, indeed, quite pleasant to be around.


Of course, there were times I wished he would be more careful. Liam often tripped, and could send something flying across a room or shatter something fragile.

His apologies were many, as were my words of forgiveness. A porcelain vase or glass figurine was replaceable. He, however, was not.

As much as I adored his presence, though, there was one thing about him I could not tolerate:

He would often lie. If something were weighing upon his mind, I would ask. Every time, I would receive a false answer.

His secrets upset me. I only wished my friend were honest with me. For though Liam had a kind heart, his mind was clouded with impurities.

I am aware he did so to protect me, but it still wounded me.

Eventually, though, time gave way, and it was as though something within him was unlocked. Soon, he confided in me his feelings...

(End of Chapter 3)

4 comments:

  1. lol I like Liam. Dorks are cute! I wonder though why he lies and what about, and what impurities he speaks of. Can't wait to find out more!

    Rofl. I just noticed his last name was O'Dourke. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I also want to add Is that Liam up in the Header up top? The back of his head. Ugh now i'm really curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I wanted to wait until the next update was posted before I answered this.)

      Yes, that is indeed the back of Liam's head. I had him facing away from the 'camera' to show as if he's hiding something.

      Delete
  3. Hmm... this Liam fellow, I wonder what his lies are all about... Hmm... *broods* LOL.

    ReplyDelete