Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chapter 5: Soeur

Countless nights, I slept fitfully, worried for the well-being of dear Francisca.

I trusted Renauld to help me, but even then, he said that he was unsure of what he could do.

Then, one afternoon, he gave me news! He said he had discovered her home, and that she would still be living there!


But alas, she was not to be seen there. I had thought that perhaps Renauld had been mistaken. It happened often enough. Many other leads he presented in the past had gone cold.

However, he insisted. He was absolutely sure it was where Francisca resided. His advice to me was to return at a later time.

It would seem I was merely there at a time that she was not home. I had no choice but to heed his words.

So, that night, I returned.

It appeared that Renauld's words rang true. When I returned to that house, the lights were on, indicating that someone indeed resided there.

Oh, it was positively nervewracking! I stood there and waited for what seemed like an eternity.

But how the wait was worth it all. For in time, the door opened...and there she was.


I could not believe my eyes! It was her! It was my dear sister Francisca!

I was so overjoyed, I nearly broke down and wept tears of joy!

Ah, but that would have been incredibly rude and unbecoming. Instead, I asked if I could be invited inside.

That was something that could be done.

I told her everything that had happened since her leaving the mansion. She learned of my own escape from Catarina's iron grip, Renauld subsequently divorcing the bitter old hag, I told her of it all.

When I was finished recounting all my tales, I had but to ask her: "Will you please come live with me and Liam?" I could not bear to be separated from her again.

Francisca was all too happy to oblige.

At last, my darling sister was in my life again! I could not have been more pleased to know that she was alive, and well.


She took to the house like a duck to water. She praised everything about it, from its size to its decor, she adored it.

And what made me even happier, was that she and Liam became such good friends. Both of them spoke of many things, and they enjoyed each other's company.

Liam was especially glad to have another friend, someone that wouldn't torment him mercilessly.

But no matter how friendly she was to him, Liam claimed that he felt apprehensive.


In his own words, he said, "Something doesn't feel right about her, Sebastian."

At first, I was frustrated, perhaps even a little angry, at his words. What was he implying? Did he believe there were ulterior motives behind her disappearance?

I thought he was being unfairly suspicious. But as it turned out, the only thing unfair was my negative feelings toward him in that moment.

For in the end, he was right. I had to sadly admit, something about Francisca was...different than before.

(End of Chapter 5.)

(A/N: From here on out, I'll try to put out one update a week. That way, I can stretch it out to make it to the end of next month.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Liam's words sounded foreboding. That was kind of creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Haha, Francisca is a curious person.

    ReplyDelete