Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chapter 4: Vérité

(I have no idea how I'm going to stretch this story to reach Halloween. Unlike my other story, the game file for this story is ongoing, meaning I'm still getting screenshots. Though, I will do my best!)

I found it remarkable that Liam had become so willing to open up to me, in what seemed like record time.

At first, of course, he still kept secrets, but slowly, he revealed each one to me. In turn, I saw him gradually change.

I aided him in this transformation. At first, I gave him a new wardrobe. The results were initially mixed.

He even said to me himself, he didn't 'feel right'. Of course, I simply attributed it to the fact I simply wasn't done yet.

I soon decided that those dreadful glasses he wore were part of the problem. But, of course, he protested, saying he needed them to see.

In time, they were done away with, and Liam settled for contacts. Almost immediately, it was as though he were a different man.

The first time he saw himself without glasses, Liam was astonished. He could not believe it was really him.

I, too, saw the beginnings of one more confident. He told me that he felt his self-esteem improve.

At least, outward appearances claimed him as such. And it would seem as though I was not the only one that noticed.

One afternoon, Liam announced that a pool party was to be thrown, and he was given an invitation. I too, received one, but I had my reasons for not going.

I had my reservations about me. It was unusual that he were invited at all. He often spoke of being snubbed by those who had the time and money to plan such events. 

At first, it would seem my fears of him being ridiculed were unfounded. When he returned after he attended, he spoke of the most wondrous of times.


Liam spoke of having the time of his life. He had never realized how fun it was. He talked of trying new types of alcohol, hearing the most interesting gossip, and the pool was just the right temperature for swimming.

He praised it all. He was the happiest he'd ever been...or so he said. Of course, he couldn't hide the truth, as I learned that very night.

He often slept in the other room, so the very fact that he was even in the same room as mine...something was wrong.

I remember waking to him crying. That alone was a stark contrast to the bright and cheery man I saw only a few hours before.

Knowing I could not stand my friend's tears, I inquired what weighed upon his mind.

Oh, how I almost wish I hadn't known. Everything Liam spoke of earlier was lies, as I suspected. His alcohol was watered down, the gossip pertained to him, and he was pushed into freezing cold water.

It hadn't been long before his speech degenerated into incoherence. I could do nothing but hold him until he was calm again.

When his emotions were finally in check, he told me how happy he was to have me as a friend. A true friend. He claimed that I was always so nice to him.

...I couldn't predict the events that followed after he spoke those words.

(Ignore that horse in the background.)
That night...I often think it was purely heat of the moment. Liam seemed to be acting on impulse, and I suppose I had been, as well.

It was hard to formulate rational thoughts when someone is under you, like he had been that night.

Nothing officially came of it. At the same time, though, I felt as if something had changed between us. We were still thick as thieves, but now...

I felt as if that single act bound us together, forever. But yet, it felt so hollow.

Most would feel a thrill of pleasure, but I...I could not. It felt perverted, and filthy. I asked him countless times if it were truly what he desired.

Liam tried joking through his tears, telling me that if he were to lose his virginity, it may as well be with someone he trusted.

Nevertheless, I cringed each time he cried out in pain. It was clear he was uncomfortable, as well.

I couldn't hold him closely enough when it was done.



If only I could have taken his torment, and destroyed it. To see the smile he plastered on for my sake, and make it genuine.

But by that point, I sensed that he was already shattering. At best, I could only hope to briefly stall his descent.

I feared his mental state was as fragile as his body. It was only a matter of time before I was proven correct.

Thankfully, there was at least one bit of good to come about, before troubles began.

(End of Chapter 4.)

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I saw the labels and Liam's last name made me laugh.
    Hmm, so Liam doesn't like the sex. That's unfortunate. He looks so different without glasses! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look different without his glasses! First time I saw him without them, I myself couldn't believe it was still him. O.O

      Delete
  2. Darn horse, trying to steal the spotlight, heehee...

    ReplyDelete