Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chapter 15: Demander

Not a day goes by that I do not think of him.

I hope that he is not yet languishing in the afterlife. Though I do not know for sure where he would go, I have at least a vague idea that it was not a good place.


Well, his spirit would be restless. His physical remains are still here. It is as if he is still watching me, by that window.

I will admit, it is unnerving to think that. But as he left nothing else, besides any devices used to commit his crimes, it is all I have left of Liam.

But after today, it would not matter what it is he had left in this world for me.

Something tells me that your arrival has ulterior motives.


I am under the belief that you are here to fulfill a purpose.

Very well. But shall I take us from this room?

It is far too stuffy for what I believe is your next course of action. After all, a creature of the night, dead from what seems to be nothing? And alone in a room?

How suspicious it would be. But...would anyone care? It is apparent that you do.


I should perhaps thank you for being patient. For hearing out his story. For reasons that are obvious, he could not tell it himself.

Do you think he is waiting for me? Not the monster, the man.

It would make me so happy to see him one last time, in the afterlife. Even if he himself is not.


Surely, this is a more suitable place for you to carry out your deed?

It is more plausible, at the least. If by some miracle I am found, the blame would likely be placed on an excess of sunlight.

And if it is not, well...it is only to be expected. Humans live holding creatures such as I in contempt. Always wishing to strike us down.

They may do it out of fear, out of anger, or perhaps even out of prejudice. But you...are you doing it out of mercy?


Had you sensed my guilt, and sorrow? Are you doing me a favor? Sending me off to see him again?

Very well, then. It is not as if I will resist your efforts. I have no roots left in this world. All my connections have been severed.

I will not even ask of you to make it painless. Merely, make it swift.


Believe it or not, I am impatient to see him. Whenever you are ready.

I know for sure that I am.

.........*shing, chack*

............


............

"Liam..."

"Are you there, Liam?" 

(End of Chapter 15.)

2 comments: