Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter 13: Ça suffit

I will admit, I was afraid to stand up to Liam when I finally decided to.

He was unstable, ruthless, and there was no predicting what he would do. But it was admittedly worth the attempt.

That night, I recall taking him out somewhere, where no one could see us.

 I told him outright that what he was doing was inexcusable.  I knew he had good intentions at first, but now, when he slaughtered innocent children, it had gone too far.
Out of some misguided sense of loyalty, I supported him throughout the entire ordeal. But no longer.


I even tried to reason with him. I understood why he murdered Catarina, and Miss Moore and Miss Rhoen, to an extent. I even felt he had reasoning for killing Louis. But the Chesterfield boys...no.

Regardless of who he stole the lives of, Liam had to stop, if not turn himself in. He had blood on his hands, and there was no reason to continue.

But Liam...he actually tried to defend his own actions.


He told me that I didn't understand. That I didn't know what it was like to be bullied. Believe me, I knew far too well how that felt. He ought to have known. My tormenter was his first victim.

If anything, I knew the feeling more than he did. Yet, even as I argued with him, I still felt that their words drove him to become this creature.

But it was no excuse for his actions. He could have easily found a less fatal way to get even with them.

There was no turning back the clock, however. What was done was done. And still he tried to claim he did the right thing.


He even told me, that his first victim was a favor to me. He tried to guilt me into apologizing. He stated phrases like, "We've been through so much!", "I can't believe I slept with you!" and of course, "I thought we were friends!"

Not matter what I tried to tell him, he was no longer listening. The more I spoke, the more anger it incited within him.

It had not been long before he claimed he could take no more. Before I could stop him, he turned and ran in the other direction.


Something compelled me to go after him. I cannot say what it was. It may have been fear of what he may have done. Or perhaps it was concern.

Concern that surely, in his deluded mind, he would harm himself, and take more lives with him.

All I knew was that I followed him. I knew something was wrong, even more so than usual...

(End of Chapter 13.)

1 comment: