Monday, August 26, 2013

Prologue

(Unlike Rötterdämmerung, I'm still in the process of getting screenshots for this new story.)

(I suppose this story came to be in part due to that Halloween will be here in roughly two months, so I felt this was somewhat fitting.)

(That, and out of this and three other ideas, this was the one I had most developed so far. Also, there won't be as many flashes to the present of the main character as there were of Sinbad. And this blog is of a different template, so the story pictures and title picture are a little wonky.)

(With that, happy reading.)


...

...I know you are there.

You think that if you were quiet enough, you could take one such as me by surprise?


I was aware of your arrival, long before you came.

Under normal circumstances, trespassing upon my territory could very well have ended in your swift and immediate death.

However...

It would appear that you have encountered me in the most ideal of time. My appetites are satiated, so no need to protect your neck.

As it would seem, it has been forever since I had one come upon my estate. As a matter of fact, I am unsure if you are here because of a friendly game of dares, or if you came out of your own curiosity.

Do take care, however, as the power of illusion in this place appears to...flicker of its own free will.

It is but a trifle. And it would be inconvenient to simply turn you away, human or no.

Though I am not of your kind, I am aware of them.

As was...as was he! He and I both, and he...he...!


Ohhh...Do forgive me. Even now, I am driven to tears and mourning at even the merest thought of him.

His fate was an untimely, and unkind one.

...They killed him, you know. Not with weapons, or blades. No, they killed him with something far worse.


He died from their words, their scorn, their hatred! Their vitriol drove the poor man to madness.

Would you kindly lend me your ear, as I tell you a tale? One that will surely be worth your trek to this place?

I can't possibly know at least some peace, if I do not tell anyone how it had come to this.

(End of the prologue. The whole "power of illusion" line was to explain the continuity error between screenshots.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely intrigued and I was a huge fan of Rötterdämmerung, so I know this will be awesome too! First off I have to say, that second picture was seriously creepy with his glowing red eyes. I'm curious to hear his story and find out who is in the urn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is one intriguing start! Him looking straight at the "camera" is really creepy. I definitely want to know more of this :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he's cool looking. =) I am interested to see who is in the urn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to catching up on this one...you are a master of the monolgue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you! I'm glad you like the story so far! I'll be sure to update on Wednesday!

      Delete
  5. oh, another one!

    Like amandralynn, I was (and still am) a huge fan of Rötterdämmerung. In fact, I was just telling someone on the forums to come and read your blog. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete